2009/06/29

FIREFLY - From SUN-TEC JAPAN

As summer approaches in Kagoshima (Japan), it grows hotter and hotter.

The other day my oldest daughter came back home and said to us, "There are many many Fireflies !!!!". My wife, second daughter and I all immediately stopped dinner and went out to see for ourselves. We travelled by car and could not find any in the beginning. We turned off the lights first and waited for a while then we discovered an incredible number of fireflies all around us, and watched them blinking!

In the distance, the array of fireflies actually brightened the night sky. It was like something out of a movie. I tried to capture the view on camera, taking photos hurriedly, but was disappointed as they were only small dots of light in the picture.

Anyway, this was my first time to witness such a vast spectacle of fireflies. I had not tried to see them before, but I have a feeling that the number of fireflies are increasing.
I was so moved by the first day and went back to try and take better photoes.

The next day, I went back to try and take better photos.
When I tried to get close to them, they stopped flying and waited on the grass and in the trees. I waited almost half an hour, patiently, but they were not flying again. They rested and only blinked sometimes.

I wondered, "Is it because I was there or perhaps it was not hot as the day before?".
I could see their brightness over there, yet even extending the shutter to 15seconds I could not capture it well.
Finally, at the third attempt, I succeeded in capturing the spectacle!
I hope you can enjoy with this photo!!




SUN-TEC CO.,LTD An angler in Sendai factory I


SUN-TEC WebSite >> http://www.sun-tec.net/english/index.html